Part Time Personal Support Workers
Personal Support Workers assist residents at Dufferin Oaks Long Term Care Home with activities of daily living.
Dufferin Oaks Long Term Care Home is located in the County of Dufferin in the vibrant Town of Shelburne. Shelburne is best known for the Heritage Music Festival which takes place every year during the second week of August and according to 2016 census data, Shelburne is the fastest growing town in Ontario. The County itself sits on the fringe of the Greater Toronto Area, about 100 kilometres northwest of Toronto. It is largely a rural County with three urban settlement areas. The region is well known for its rivers, its rolling hills and its excellent outdoor recreation opportunities. The UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, the Niagara Escarpment and the world famous Bruce Trail, run through Dufferin offering spectacular vistas and hiking opportunities. Home to over 56,000 residents the area boasts fabulous restaurants, shopping and amenities.
Dufferin Oaks is a not-for-profit Long Term Care Home owned and operated by the County of Dufferin under standards established by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. 160 residents call Dufferin Oaks home, living in private, semi-private and standard rooms. Dufferin Oaks provides accommodation, meals, supportive services, socialization and a full range of nursing care services for persons who, for various reasons, cannot live independently in the community.
We are currently recruiting for qualified, caring and compassionate part time Personal Support Workers to assist residents with activities of daily living and follow their individual care plans.
The required qualifications necessary in order to be successful in this role include:
- Successful completion of a Personal Support Worker program from a recognized college or educational institution.
- A successful criminal reference check including the vulnerable sector screening.
- Experience working with seniors and cognitively impaired individuals in a health care setting.
- A genuine concern for seniors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility in scheduling as you must be available for day, evening and night shifts, as well as two out of three weekends.
This is a unionized position with a current salary range of $22.50 – $24.86 per hour.