Community Grant Program
The 2019 Community Grants have been awarded. We anticipate the grant application for the 2020 Community Grants will be released in the fall of 2019.
In 2018, the County of Dufferin entered into an agreement with Headwaters Communities in Action (HCIA) to administer the Community Grant program. HCIA has put together a grant team who reviews the applications, evaluates them against the established criteria ensuring that they support 5 County priority areas of:
- Cultural Enhancement
- Economic Development
- Human Services
- Seniors Support
- Youth Engagement
- Applicants must be registered non-profit or charitable organization, or partnered with one, and not a municipality.
- The project must fall within the County of Dufferin mandate and its stated priorities. The project must meet the established criteria ensuring that they support at least one of the five County priority categories outlined above.
- The organization must be sustainable.
Other Considerations for Organizations:
- Project proposals must clearly indicate how the initiative will benefit the participants and/or the community.
- This is a competitive process, overall funding allocation may be decreased and funding requested by organizations may be decreased or declined.
- These grants support one-time funding opportunities/projects rather than ongoing sustainability funding.
- Purchase of goods and services in keeping with the aim of the project.
- Advertising and Marketing.
- Overhead or administrative costs not related to the project.
- Capital funding and infrastructure costs.
Successful Grant Recipients – Reporting Requirements
After project completion, organizations may be subject to a project review, and required to submit invoices and proof of payment for goods and services.
Does your organization meet the requirements? Please complete and submit this application package for consideration.