Community Engagement (Summer Student)
We need your energy and passion to take our community engagement program and online portal, Join In Dufferin, to a new level this summer!
Duration: May 6, 2019 - August 30, 2019
Reporting to the Planning Coordinator and Economic Development Officer, you will represent Dufferin County and promote the Join In Dufferin program at a series of community events and spaces.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Promote the Join In Dufferin program through a branded booth at several community events over the summer, including co-ordination of the public registration process and the setting up/tearing down of the booth.
- Assist with data collection and analysis relating to Join In Dufferin and other economic development initiatives such as the County’s business retention and expansion projects.
- Assist with the co-ordination and development of a schedule of projects to be featured on the Join In Dufferin online portal.
- Other duties and some administration tasks as assigned.
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful in this position:
- Preference will be given to post-secondary students enrolled in a economic development, business/marketing or planning program.
- Experience in data entry, preparing content for social media and website, responding to public inquiries in person, by phone and by email.
- Previous office administrative and customer service experience required.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle, as travel will be required.
- Able to work independently as well as participate as part of a team.
- Social media savvy, and advance skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- GIS knowledge an asset
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, customer service and hospitality, both verbal and written.
Job Location and hours:
- County of Dufferin Municipal Building, 55 Zina St, Orangeville
- Event locations within the community
- Candidate must be available after hours and weekends to attend events