Health and Safety Advisor
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources (HR), the Health and Safety Advisor is responsible for the development and implementation of an Occupational Health and Safety program for the County of Dufferin and participating member municipalities, and also supports wellness initiatives from an HR perspective.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plans, implements and monitors the Health and Safety program to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and standards.
- Acts as a resource to the County and participating member municipalities regarding the Occupational Health & Safety Act and associated relevant regulations and standards.
- Develops, delivers and tracks employee training related to safety in the workplace.
- Conducts research to maintain currency with industry best-practice regarding mitigation of hazards in the workplace, and assists Managers in increasing worker awareness through development of tools and preparation of department-specific Health and Safety Programs.
- Coordinates policy development and amendment based on industry standards and best practices.
- Assists with incident investigations and provides recommendations to prevent future incidents.
- Acts as a liaison with the Ministry of Labour and others for matters such as work refusals, incident investigations, and Ministry field visits.
- Promotes wellness in the workplace, including conducting basic office ergonomic assessments
- Reviews incident reports, identifies and analyzes trends, and prepares WSIB Form 7s as required
- Assists with disability management and in the development of employee return-to-work plans