Manager of Information Technology (IT) and Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
This position oversees the implementation of GIS software and provides IT services and support to the County and participating area municipalities.
The County of Dufferin sits on the fringe of the Greater Toronto Area and is largely a rural county with three urban settlement areas. The region is well known for its rivers, its rolling hills and its excellent outdoor recreation opportunities. Home to over 61,000 residents the area boasts fabulous restaurants, shopping and amenities.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, the Manager of IT and GIS is responsible for setting the strategic direction of IT infrastructure, applications and services, while ensuring alignment with corporate-wide business objectives and priorities.
While leading a team of enthusiastic and talented individuals, this position oversees and manages the implementation of GIS software for the Corporation and the eight area municipalities in Dufferin County and provides IT services and support to participating area municipalities and non-profit groups.
What you bring:
- A highly developed knowledge of IT project management obtained through a degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in progressively responsible IT management positions.
- 5 years’ experience as a Manager of IT or in a similar position where project management experience was gained.
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to interpret and apply employment policies and collective agreements;
- An understanding of current hardware and software trends, issues and initiatives and their significance;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical I.T. processes as understandable customer solutions;
- A customer centric approach with a commitment to transparency and integrity in achieving results
- A valid Class “G” Driver’s License in good standing with access to a reliable vehicle to use on corporate business.
What we offer:
- A competitive annual salary range of $104,887 - $122,704;
- A comprehensive health and dental benefits package paid for by the Employer;
- Enrollment in the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) defined benefit pension plan;
- Learning and development opportunities;
- Flexibility in order to meet work/life commitments.
A full job description is attached.