Two (2) Early Childhood Educators (Permanent Part Time)
Jean Hamlyn Day Care Centre is currently recruiting for two early childhood educators.
The County of Dufferin sits on the fringe of the Greater Toronto Area and is largely a rural county with three urban settlement areas. The region is well known for its rivers, its rolling hills and its excellent outdoor recreation opportunities. Home to over 61,000 residents the area boasts fabulous restaurants, shopping and amenities.
Jean Hamlyn Day Care Centre is a licensed Centre owned and operated by the County of Dufferin. The Centre offers play based emergent programming for children aged 18 months to 10 years, which includes fine and gross motor activities, dramatic and creative centers, reading and early literacy activities and outdoor play.
What you’ll do:
- Adhere to the guidelines as set out in the Child Care and Early Years Act;
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a safe, warm and caring environment in which a high quality child care program can operate;
- Plan, develop and implement stimulating activities that reflect current interests of children in the program;
- Develop a cleaning routine throughout the day that keeps all of the interactive areas sanitary and safe;
- Monitor children during outdoor activities and interact with the children to enhance their learning;
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all children, parents, staff and students;
- Open and close the Centre as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring:
- Early Childhood Education Diploma and membership with the College of Early Childhood Educators in good standing.
- A clear criminal reference check including the vulnerable sector screening.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification.
- Sound knowledge of “How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years.
- Physically fit and mentally able to perform activities demanded by children ages 18 months to 10 years.
- Up to date medical and immunizations.
This position is based on 35 hours biweekly with a salary range of $28.06 – $32.82 per hour (Grade 5 on the 2019 salary grid).