Waste Services Seasonal Labourers
This position assists with the organization and operation of the County's Household Hazardous Waste and Electronic Goods Recycling Event days.
Are you enthusiastic about helping your local community to divert wastes from landfill? If your answer is yes, this may be a great opportunity for you.
Working under the direction of the Waste Services Manager or designate, the successful candidate will assist with the organization and operation of the County’s Household Hazardous Waste and Electronic Goods Recycling Event days.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with the set up and take down of event day equipment, including tents, pylons, road signs, etc.;
- Assist with the unloading of electronic waste from vehicles; light to medium lifting is required;
- Assist with traffic control and other event day logistics;
- Provide excellent customer service;
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
- Interest and some knowledge in waste management issues;
- Able to undertake light to medium lifting;
- Possess C.S.A. approved safety footwear;
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
Job Location and Hours
- Various locations throughout the County of Dufferin, on seven (7) event days (mainly Saturdays).
The salary for this position is $18.65 per hour.