Programs and Services
Dufferin County Community Support Services (DCCSS) is a not-for-profit agency funded by the Central West Local Health Integration Network and operated by the County of Dufferin.
DCCSS is located in the Mel Lloyd Centre, at 167 Centre Street, in the Town of Shelburne. It was established in 1985 to provide services to assist seniors and disabled adults to remain in the familiar surroundings of their own homes.
DCCSS Services available:
- Meals on Wheels
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Friendly Visiting
- Home Maintenance
- Home Respite Services
- Adult Day Program
- Home Help
- Congregate Dining
- Transportation Personal Support Worker Escort Service
- Assisted Living referrals
- Bridging Your Home Support Program
- Bathing Program
- Co-ordination of a range of community support services
- Individual and personalized service plans developed through home visits
- Linking clients to appropriate community resources
- Organization of Community Health and Education Clinics
- Partnering with Community Organizations to ensure ongoing development of health services
- A caring and competent team of staff, service providers and volunteers.