If you wish to present a delegation to Council, please submit the Delegation Request form to the Clerks Office. Completed forms can be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org or 30 Centre St, Orangeville ON L9W 2X1.
All requests must be received by 12:00 p.m. (noon) on the Wednesday one week prior to the meeting for inclusion within the agenda package.
Please use the following chart to help you determine which committee you should present to.
|For Matters Regarding||Delegate To This Committee|
|CAO’s office, Clerk’s, Emergency Management, IT, Human Resources, Finance, Procurement, Property||
General Government Services
|Climate Change, County Forest, Facilities, Roads & Bridges, Waste Management||Infrastructure &Environmental Services|
|Accessibility, Dufferin Oaks Long Term Care Home, Senior Services, Social Services (Children’s Services, Housing and Ontario Works), Land Ambulance, Public Health||Health & Human Services|
|Building, Land Use Planning, Tourism (including Museum)||Community Development & Tourism|
|All other matters not pertaining to those listed above||Council|
Delegations will be directed to the appropriate Committee except where the presenter wishes to address Council with respect to a matter which is before Council or where the Clerk determines that the matter is of such an urgent nature that there is insufficient time to delegate to a Committee. The Clerk reserves the right to redirect your request to the most appropriate Committee.
- The names of all speakers and the subject matter to be discussed must be provided to staff for inclusion within the agenda and minutes.
- All handouts and PowerPoint presentations must be received by 12:00 p.m. (noon) on the Wednesday one week prior to the meeting for inclusion within the agenda and minutes. Electronic supporting material is preferred.
- All handouts and presentations may be reviewed by staff prior to the meeting and any content deemed to be inappropriate for a public forum may be removed.
- Delegations are limited to 10 minutes.
- Delegations may be refused if they are determined to be repetitious or not within the jurisdiction of the County.
- Please arrive 15 minutes in advance of the meeting as delegations are heard as one of the first items of business.
- All delegations shall speak respectfully and only on the subject described on the request form.
- During the meeting, delegations will obey the rules of procedure and any decisions of the Chair or Council.
- The Chair may shorten the time of any delegation for repetition, disorder, or any other breach of the procedural by-law.
- Council may ask questions following the delegation.
- The Chair may expel or exclude any member of the public who creates a disturbance or acts improperly during a meeting.
- The Clerk reserves the right to redirect your delegation request to the most appropriate Committee.