|Name of Event||Date From||Date To||Type of Use||Forest Tract||Event Description||Trail||Map|
|10th Annual Trail Ride For Breast Cancer||August 10, 2019||August 10, 2019||Horseback Riding||Main||Trail Riding||Horseback Trail - Pink Trail||Click Here|
|Chesley Saddle Club||August 22, 2019||August 26, 2019||Camping/Horseback Riding||Main||Trail Riding||Horseback Trails||Click Here|
|Chase The Coyote||September 21, 2019||September 21, 2019||Running||Mono||Trail running||Click Here|
Recreational use of the Dufferin County Forest is governed by the recreational use policy and Dufferin County By-Law 2017-39. The purpose of the policy and the by-law is to protect the environmental integrity of the Dufferin County Forest and to manage public use of the Forest through the regulation of certain activities.
County Forest Do's
- Non-motorized recreation such as hiking, mountain biking, cross country skiing, and horseback riding.
- Obey all signs, including those designating trail uses.
- Snowmobiling in the Dufferin County Forest is permitted only on designated and signed trails that are part of the Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs (OFSC) network. All of the rules that apply to OFSC trails anywhere in Ontario apply to the trails in the Dufferin County Forest. Check trail status here.
- What you carry in, please carry out.
- Remember your emergency number! Each entrance to the County Forest is posted with a six digit "address" on a green sign. Remember this number for emergencies.
- In case of emergency, call 9-1-1.
- If you wish to hold a recreational event, please contact the County Forest Manager to find out if your date is available prior to completing a County Forest Event Permit Application.
- Enjoy your visit to the Dufferin County Forest!
County Forest Don'ts
- No motorized vehicles except snowmobiles on designated Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs trails.
- No campfires.
- No camping.
- No littering or dumping.
- No hunting allowed in any Dufferin County Forest tract between June 1 and September 30. A forest use permit is required for hunting at all other times. For more information, click here.
- Unless you have a valid ticket from the Mansfield Outdoor Centre, do not use groomed/track-set cross-country ski trails leased to the Centre from December 1 to March 31.