Hunting in the Dufferin County Forest
Please take note of the following with regard to hunting in the Dufferin County Forest:
- there is no hunting allowed on any Dufferin County Forest property between June 1 and September 30
- there is no hunting allowed at any time on the following Dufferin County Forest properties: north portion of Amaranth, Hockley, Leening, Levitt, Little, Mono, Thomson, and River Road. These are posted accordingly.
- on Dufferin County Forest properties where hunting is allowed, there may be hunters present at any time between October 1 and May 31
- on Dufferin County Forest properties where hunting is allowed between October 1 and May 31, the seasons are the same as those established by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry. These can be viewed at www.ontario.ca/hunting.
- the peak periods for hunting are the two five-day shotgun hunts for white-tailed deer (first week of November and first week of December; actual dates vary from year to year) and the spring wild turkey hunt (April 25-May 31)
- suspected violations of the Fish & Wildlife Conservation Act (the provincial legislation governing hunting) should be reported to the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry at 877-847-7667 (877-TIPS-MNR).
- if you have questions about hunting on a County Forest property, please contact the County Forest Manager at 519-941-1114 x 4011 or firstname.lastname@example.org