Joint Compliance Audit Committee Recruitment
Dufferin County is seeking members for a recently established Joint Compliance Audit Committee as per the Municipal Elections Act, Section 88.37. The Committee is responsible for reviewing compliance audit applications submitted by an elector who believes on reasonable grounds that a candidate or third-party advertiser has contravened the provisions of the Municipal Elections Act relating to campaign or advertising finances. The Committee will be responsible for reviewing applications for all eight Dufferin municipalities.
Committee membership will be drawn from the following groups:
- accounting and audit – accountants or auditors, preferably with experience in preparing or auditing the financial statements of municipal candidates;
- academic – college or university professors with expertise in political science or local government administration;
- legal; and
- other individuals with knowledge of the campaign financing provisions of the Act.
Committee members must demonstrate the following:
- demonstrated knowledge and understanding of municipal election campaign finance rules
- proven analytical and decision-making skills
- experience working on committees, boards, task forces or similar working groups
- availability and willingness to attend meetings in any of the member municipalities
- excellent oral and written communication skills
To view the complete Terms of Reference and the application, please visit our website at https://www.dufferincounty.ca/jcac.
Applications should be forwarded to email@example.com or put in the drop box at 30 Centre St, Orangeville by August 12, 2022.