CHILDREN'S PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
The County of Dufferin delivers and manages programs and services to support early child development and child care in the community.
• Wage Enhancement And Home Child Care Enhancement Grant (Hcceg) For Eligible Licensed Child Care Providers
• Jean Hamlyn Day Care Centre
• Dufferin Child Care Fee Subsidy
• Earlyon Child And Family Centres
WAGE ENHANCEMENT AND HOME CHILD CARE ENHANCEMENT GRANT (HCCEG) FOR ELIGIBLE LICENSED CHILD CARE PROVIDERS
WAGE ENHANCEMENT AND HOME CHILD CARE ENHANCEMENT GRANT FOR ELIGIBLE LICENSED CHILD CARE PROVIDERS
County of Dufferin Children’s Services is now implementing the 2016 Wage Enhancement/Home Child Care Enhancement Grant (HCCEG) for eligible child care positions/home child care providers at licensed child care centres and licensed home child care agencies. The following information provides an overview and outlines the application process.
What is this funding?
The wage enhancement/HCCEG grants, provided by the Ministry of Education, were first implemented in 2015 and are being continued in 2016 with an increase in grant funding, as outlined below. The intent is to help close the gap between compensation of RECEs working in schools and RECEs working in child care centres, and also to assist with staff retention and income security of both RECEs and non-RECEs at licensed child care providers, as well as to help support licensed home child care agencies.
Who is eligible to receive the funding and how are provider funding entitlements determined?
In 2016, eligible program positions working in licensed child care centres or home providers (supervisors, ECEs, home child care visitors, and other staff counted towards adult to child ratios) are entitled to a wage enhancement (wage increase) of up to $2 per hour. An additional 17.5% of this amount is provided to the operators to cover employer paid mandatory benefits on these increases.
In 2016, qualifying home child care providers working with a licensed Private Home Day Care (PHDC) agency are entitled to a Home Child Care Enhancement Grant (HCCEG) of up to $20 per day including benefits.
- Note: To be included in the calculations for the 2016 funding entitlement, programs and home providers must have been licensed and started operations by December 31, 2015. Funding calculations for 2016 are based on 2015 staffing and operations. However, new this year, there is flexibility to include new 2016 positions in the funding distribution and some supplemental funding is provided in 2016 to assist in this.
How do licensed child care providers apply to get this funding in 2016?
Licensed child care providers must apply to the County of Dufferin to get the funding. The applications are currently available and the deadline date to apply is MARCH 31, 2016. Applications can be requested from Jane Hall (contact information below). The applications are to be completed electronically in Microsoft excel and returned to Jane Hall by the deadline date.
NOTE that there are some changes in wage enhancement/HCCEG in 2016, including some additional funding that will be made available to providers. The document Wage Enhancement and HCCEG Changes for 2016 outlines the changes in 2016 compared to 2015.
See the document Wage Enhancement and HCCEG Q & A for additional helpful information.
If you have any questions regarding wage enhancement/HCCEG, please contact Jane Hall at 519-941-6991 x. 2206 or email email@example.com.
JEAN HAMLYN DAY CARE CENTRE
Jean Hamlyn Day Care Centre is a Municipal Child Care Centre, owned and operated by the County of Dufferin. It is licensed by the Ministry of Education. Program staff are Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators (RECE).
Jean Hamlyn Day Care Centres offers a play based, emergent program. Research shows that there is a strong link between play and learning. Children are competent, curious and capable of complex thinking, rich in potential. They explore and practice these attributes through play. When children are playing they are learning!
Programs are age-appropriate, and include fine and gross motor activities, dramatic and creative centers, reading and early literacy activities, and outdoor play.
For more information about the programs, please click here to view the family handbook.
For more information, contact the Centre at 519.941.5972 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Where to find us:
65 McCarthy Street
Orangeville, Ontario L9W 3A3
DUFFERIN CHILD CARE FEE SUBSIDY
The County of Dufferin provides a Child Care Fee Subsidy to eligible families within Dufferin. Child Care Fee Subsidy is for children 0 - 10 years of age.
Eligible situations: Parents/Guardians must be working, or attending post-secondary education, or fulfilling a participation agreement with Ontario Works, or be in receipt of a referral from a Community Agency. Eligibility for Child Care Fee Subsidy is based on both income and eligible hours of care.
NOTE: The “Child Care Fee Subsidy Eligibility Estimator”, below, provides a quick and easy check to determine if you may be eligible for fee subsidy assistance.
The Income Test is based on the income of the applicant as reported on their Revenue Canada Notice of Assessment. Assets, debts and living expenses are not considered under the Income Test.
For a list of licensed child care providers in Dufferin County for which fee subsidy is available, click here
How do I apply for Child Care Fee Subsidy?
- Download & complete the Waitlist Placement Form.
- Return the completed form with required documents to the Community Service Office.
- When you have been placed on the Waitlist, you will receive a letter in the mail confirmation the date you were registered on the list. The length of time you are on the Wait List is determined by how many people are ahead of you on the list.
- When your name reaches the top of the Waitlist, you will be called to schedule a verification interview.
- After your verification interview, the Community Services Worker will determine if you are eligible for Child Care Fee Subsidy in Dufferin County. The Community Services Worker will tell you how much the Child Care Fee Subsidy Program will pay to the Child Care Provider and how much you are required to pay.
- Child Care Fee Subsidy clients are required to attend an office appointment every six months to update and review eligibility requirements.
*Please ensure you notify the Community Services Worker immediately if your address or telephone number changes.
Please contact the Community Services Worker at email@example.com or 519-941-6991 ext. 2223 if you have any questions or concerns.
EARLYON CHILD AND FAMILY CENTRES
EarlyON Child and Family Centres bring together information about children's services and programs in the community. Parents and caregivers can get answers to questions, access resources and speak with early year's professionals as well as other parents and caregivers.
EarlyON-Dufferin offers free programming:
• A relaxed meeting place for parents, caregivers, other adults and their children
• An informal playgroup for children which will stimulate their growth and foster feelings of self-worth and stability
• Transportation program
• Parenting workshops focusing on children ages 0-6
• 'Feelings After Birth' support group for mothers experiencing feelings of depression, anxiety and other concerns
• Parent/Child interactive programs
• CUP (Come Understand Parenting) groups to support young or expectant parents in Orangeville
30 Centre Street
519.941.6991 ext. 2205
Orangeville (St. Peter):
46 Dawson Road
519.941.6991 ext. 2205
167 Centre Street, Entrance B
Grand Valley Community Centre,
90 Main Street, North
30 Centre Street, Orangeville ON L9W 2X1