CHILD CARE FEE SUBSIDY
The County of Dufferin provides a Child Care Fee Subsidy to eligible families within Dufferin. Child Care Fee Subsidy is for children 0 - 12 years of age.
Eligible situations: Parents/Guardians must be working, or attending post-secondary education, or fulfilling a participation agreement with Ontario Works, or be in receipt of a referral from a Community Agency or appropriate medical professional (Recognized Needs Referral Form). Eligibility for Child Care Fee Subsidy is based on both income and eligible hours of care.
The Income Test is based on the income of the applicant as reported on their Revenue Canada Notice of Assessment. Assets, debts and living expenses are not considered under the Income Test.
How do I apply for Child Care Fee Subsidy?
- Download & complete the Waitlist Placement Form. Note that there may or may not be a wait time required to receive Fee Subsidy.
- Return the completed form with required documents to the Community Services Office at 30 Centre Street, Orangeville, the Shelburne Employment Resource Centre at the Mel Lloyd Centre, Entrance E, 167 Centre Street, Shelburne, or via email at the email address below.
- When you have been placed on the Waitlist, you will receive a letter in the mail confirming the date you were registered on the list. The length of time you are on the Waitlist is determined by how many people are ahead of you on the list. This will vary.
- When your name reaches the top of the Waitlist, you will be called to schedule a verification interview.
- After your verification interview, the Community Services Worker will determine if you are eligible for Child Care Fee Subsidy in Dufferin County. The Community Services Worker will tell you how much the Child Care Fee Subsidy Program will pay to the Child Care Provider and how much you are required to pay.
- Child Care Fee Subsidy clients are required to attend an office appointment every six months to update and review eligibility requirements.
*Please ensure you notify the Community Services Worker immediately if your address or telephone number changes.
For more information, please contact us at 519-941-6991 ext. 2223 or email@example.com.
Completing this Child Care Subsidy Calculator provides only a basic screening and does not confirm if you are eligible or ineligible.
The Calculator is a guide only and does not confirm the amount you will pay towards the cost of child care.
Your financial eligibility depends on the cost of care, number of eligible days and County of Dufferin policies.