CHILD CARE FEE SUBSIDY
The County of Dufferin provides a Child Care Fee Subsidy to eligible families within Dufferin. Child Care Fee Subsidy is for children 0 - 12 years of age.
Eligible situations: Parents/Guardians must be working, or attending post-secondary education, or fulfilling a participation agreement with Ontario Works, or be in receipt of a referral from a Community Agency or appropriate medical professional (Recognized Needs Referral Form). Eligibility for Child Care Fee Subsidy is based on both income and eligible hours of care.
The Income Test is based on the income of the applicant as reported on their Revenue Canada Notice of Assessment. Assets, debts and living expenses are not considered under the Income Test.
How do I apply for Child Care Fee Subsidy?
1. Download and complete the Fee Subsidy Intake Form. There are two options to complete this form. If you prefer to print out the form and complete it on paper, please use this form. If you prefer to complete the form electronically, please use this form (do not forget to save it to your computer).
2. Return the completed and printed form with required documents to the Community Services Office at 30 Centre Street, Orangeville, or the Shelburne Employment Resource Centre at the Mel Lloyd Centre, Entrance E, 167 Centre Street, Shelburne, OR you can send in a scanned or electronically completed form via email at the email address below.
3. You will be contacted by phone and will be asked to come in to the office for a verification interview. Note that there may or may not be a wait time required to schedule the verification interview.
4. During your verification interview, a Community Services Worker will determine if you are eligible for Child Care Fee Subsidy in Dufferin County. The Community Services Worker will tell you how much the Child Care Fee Subsidy Program will pay to the Child Care Provider and how much you are required to pay.
5. Child Care Fee Subsidy clients may be required to attend an office appointment every six months to update and review eligibility requirements.
*Please ensure you notify your Community Services Worker immediately if your address or telephone number changes. For more information, please contact us at 519-941-6991 ext. 2223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.