LONG-TERM WASTE MANAGEMENT STRATEGY
The County of Dufferin has developed a Long-Term Waste Management Strategy (LTWMS) where consultation with the community and stakeholders was a crucial component of the planning process.
The consultation process for the County’s LTWMS sought to build upon the consultation successes of past initiatives, ensure a constructive dialogue with those stakeholders currently engaged, and draw in those stakeholders who were not.
The development of the Strategy is complete. It has been informed by research and consultation with community stakeholders. All of the supporting documents developed to date can be found below under "Resources". The Strategy will serve as a roadmap for Dufferin County to maximize the diversion of waste from disposal in an economic, environmental and socially responsible manner.
PUBLIC INFORMATION CENTRE
On June 26 and 27, 2017, Public Information Centres on the Long-Term Waste Strategy were held in Shelburne and Orangeville. At these events, options were reviewed to help steer the direction of the strategy.
Resources & Reports
- Staff Report to Public Works Committee, October 2016
- Public Consultation & Communication Plan
- Mission Statement, Goals & Objectives of LTWMS
- System Performance Assessment
- Long List of Options - Report
- Short List of Options - Report
- Implementation & Financial Plan
- Public Consultation Report - updated March 2018
- Final LTWMS - updated March 2018
Have a question or comment? Click here to email us!